Monday, January 31, 2011

Bathroom Updates

Over the weekend I put on a coat of Kilz, it's a primer, but I used it because of it's mildew protection abilities. Thankfully, because it didn't do a very good job of covering up the bright yellow:



















I think it looks way better already! This morning after yoga I went to Home Depot to buy the stuff to patch up the holes, and the paint! We decided on a beige color, because it would look best with the tile, and it's neutral so we can put a fun shower curtain in! I bought these patch thingys that cover the holes, and then you just put this plaster stuff over them, wait til it's try and sand it smooth to the wall, and paint! The plaster stuff isn't covering super well so tomorrow I'm going to sand them down and probably put another layer on. That will probably take the day to dry which means by Wednesday I'll be able to paint on my second layer of Kilz, Thursday I'll spray on the texture [that's right, I didn't know there was spray-on texture either! I hope it's as easy as it sounds], and Friday I'll put on the paint! Saturday morning we'll be making a trip out to do some shopping around for a new vanity/mirror/medicine cabinet/light fixture, and everything will be done just in time for Super Bowl Sunday [if we're having people over, idk yet]. I can't waaaaaait til it's done!

In other news, I'm doing my first observation for my education class tomorrow morning. It's an ethnic specific observation, and I'm going to a school my prof. recommended. I'm going to be observing a Vietnamese class, taught in Vietnamese. Hmm...I'm just as curious as you are to know how that's going to be! We'll see!

Also, I have a cold. Blah, I know. Hopefully it won't last too long! I kind of feel bad for going to the observation tomorrow with a cold, but my stupid prof. is confusing! She posts a new module each week of what she expects us to turn in by midnight on Friday, and one of the things is our portfolio for our ethnic specific observation...but on our grading sheet, where our due dates are also listed, the portfolio for that isn't due until February 25th. I don't know when it's actually due, but I emailed my prof. today, and hopefully she'll get back with me soon. If I feel worse when I wake up tomorrow, I'm probably going to call and reschedule my observation, because I don't want to get all the little Vietnamese kids sick!

No comments:

Post a Comment