Saturday, February 5, 2011

Bathroom is Finished!



I'm going to look somewhat like a lioness when I take these curlers out. It should be funny. I'm doing it to see what my hair looks like at 7 o'clock this evening, after my curls have loosened up.

We got the vanity, a new light fixture, and a new faucet yesterday. Oh and some new blinds! Originally we were going to get this vanity:

























Awesome, right?! I love the giant bottom drawer, I've never seen anything like that on a vanity! So we bought it and got it home, thinking we would just be able to use the sink from our other vanity because they were the same sizes. WRONG. It ended up being about 4 inches too deep for the space [neither of us thought to measure for depth!], and we had to take it back :[ I was so bummed. So we brought it back and we looked....and looked. V found this smaller, dainty looking one that he really liked, but I was against it because it measured almost 24 inches wide, and the mirror we have to go over the huge hole above where the vanity is, is 36 inches wide and I thought it was going to look too small and disproportionate so we went back and forth on that one and this other one that came with a super nice looking granite sink, but the base of the vanity looked really cheap. Eventually V convinced me that this one was going to look really good in the bathroom and we left with it. IT.LOOKS.AWESOME. I reallllllly like it. We just have to find a new mirror now because the one we have is too big, but it definitely doesn't look as bad as I was picturing in my head while we were at the store. The light fixture we bought it really nice looking, but it looks too gold in our bathroom. It didn't look like that at all at the store so V said he's going to put a quick coat of spray paint on it to make it a little darker to match the faucet.

Today my mission is to get the bathroom nice and clean, go back to Lowe's because my blinds didn't come with turny-stick that you use to crank them open, and one of the light fixtures that we bought to put in the dining room came with a broken light bulb! I wouldn't be complaining, and I would have just stuck another one in, but they're these fancy light bulbs that we don't have, lol. After I do that, I want to maybe go to this custom mirror place over by V's work and see how much it would cost to have a custom mirror made for the bathroom because I can't find any that will work in the space! If we didn't have that huge hole in the wall it wouldn't be a problem at all, and we probably would have bought the mirror that matched with the vanity. But the hole on the wall is 26 inches wide, and the mirror was only 24. Bummer! I'd also like to find a new rug to put in there, and a new shower curtain..but we'll see!  Anyways...here are some pictures!

Drum roll pleeeeeease!





















Amazing, right?! It looks SOOOOO MUCH BETTER! I'm super happy with it!

2 comments:

  1. baaaaaah! Lioness and a turny stick?! This post was all kinds of hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right! I got my turny stick, the lady at Lowe's was like "you're kidding!" when I told her that there wasn't one in my box.

    ReplyDelete