Saturday, March 26, 2011

SushiPOP!

Last night the boys went to a Magic basketball game, and me, my sister and my loyal follower J.Mo went to SushiPop! It was the best sushi experience I've ever had!!! I took a good amount of pictures just for my blog!


Our place settings, so simple and cute!

The lamps reminded me of squids! It was decorated with anime all over, and playing on every television!

We started off with some sautéed shichimi pepper and garlic edamame which was SPICY but delicious!

J.Mo got some warm sake and my sister got a glass of wine

She tried on this waitress' glasses, I thought they looked cute!

Me & my poor fair skinned sister. She went to the Wine & Dine on 9 earlier in the day and wasn't even there for 2 hours (and put sunscreen on!) and still got SO burnt!

I got a coconut shrimp roll and an avocado roll (which I don't have a good picture of, sorry!), but it was the most amazing roll I've ever had. IN.MY.LIFE. 

So excited to eat! 

My friend J.Mo loves bananas. When she saw they had a bananarama roll which consisted of eel, tempura flakes, lump crab and avocado, topped with sliced bananas, honey and toasted sesame seeds, she had to get it. I honestly thought I was going to see tears come with this face, she was so in love. I had a piece and I have to admit, I was a little skeptical but it was SO GROOD

My sister got a shrimp tempura roll and an asparagus roll (which I didn't get to try because she scarfed it down before I even knew she had it!). They had soy sauce in these little droppers so they were easily controlled! So clever. She was very excited about them.

I had to get this dessert. It was apple fritters: 5 spice apple fritters, topped with cinnamon cream cheese, maple ginger ice cream, and candied bacon. 

I shared, of course!

You see there...that piece of bacon on top of the ice cream? The most amazing sliver of bacon I've had in my life, and I know I use that phrase loosely (V pointed that out to me a few weeks ago), but I really mean it about this bacon. The ice cream was amazing; made from scratch! The fritters were yum-o and the cream cheese that is under the fritters? So good I was wiping it off the plate with my finger so I didn't miss any. 

All in all, I would rate this place two thumbs, and two big toes up. five stars. Super service, energetic atmosphere (like, I really don't think you could go there any NOT have a good time), and AMAZING food! My sister and J.Mo are going back next weekend when my other sister is in town, but I think me and V are going to V's grandparents house for their 62nd anniversary party, so I'm trying to get them to go another day instead, so I can go again, and so V can experience it!

After we finished eating, we picked up J.Mo's baby, and headed back to her place to hang out! I cuddled with her kitty, who totes fell in love with me (my sister took pictures, but I don't have them from her yet!). 

Excuse the quality of this photo. I had my camera set to "smart" which is supposed to like automatically detect what it should use, and it definitely needed a flash, but didn't use one, so this is what I got after playing with it on Picnik

I had a super Friday night, the only thing that would have made it better is if V had been there <3 

This morning V had to go to work and I was planning on waking up when he did to get ready for yoga. I didn't even hear him get up (and I almost always do), so I didn't wake up until he left for work at 7:20 and I was planning on leaving for yoga at 7:30! I was sooooo tired, but I dragged myself out of bed, let the dogs out, made my water and put on my yoga clothes and was out the door by 7:33. Not bad! I'm really glad I went (of course!), and when I got home I decided to cut the grass for V. 

That's me under there, believe it or not. I like to wear a hat so the sun stays out of my face, and I wear sunglasses because shit flies around when I cut the grass because most of the back yard is dirt! Tube socks so my legs don't get all dirty, and this was my first time wearing my crocs. I bought them a long time ago when I worked at a doggie daycare and kept them in my trunk for a long time. I decided to wear them because if I stepped in poop, I could just hose them off and go on my way. Instead, they ended up not protecting my toes at all and after I was done, my feet were super dirty! Oh well. I only cut the back yard because the height on the mower has to be changed for the front yard and I think I did it right, but I didn't want to try because once I mowed the front lawn when the height was set for the back yard and I didn't know it, and I like butchered the front lawn! So I left that for V to do when he gets home from work this evening. 

Now I'm going to go watch Diary of a Wimpy Kid because it came in the mail today from NetFlix, woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment