Thursday, April 14, 2011

SpikeyNutHead

You know how everyone goes through phases throughout middle and/or high school? Mine was pretty extreme, and I'm going to share it with you!

The two first years of middle school I was pretty normal...this may seem weird but I can remember every outfit I wore on the first day of school from 6th-12th grade. So 6th grade I was a little on the sporty/outdoorsy side and I wore these blue Nike athletic shorts with a neon green check across the butt and a gray Nike t-shirt (and Nike shoes, of course!). 7th grade I wore these khaki Abercrombie&Fitch shorts and a red Hurley t-shirt. 8th grade was the beginning of my phase, the year started out on the normal-ish side, and I wore these navy blue Hurley bermuda shorts with a white Hurley t-shirt that had a small bright pink and green Hurley symbol on the front. 9th grade I was spikeynuthead-ed out and wore navy blue boy's Dickie shorts and a Five Iron Frenzy t-shirt (me and my boyfriend at the time, George, went to see them (my very first concert!) at a church that his mom dropped us off at, lol!). 10th grade I was going back to a normal Jessica and I wore jeans and this weird material floral print shirt (and this pair underwear (that I still have, might I add!) that I bought (with my best friend at the time, who also bought the same pair), they said "Luckies" across the butt and the "U" was a horseshoe). 11th grade I was getting a little more preppy and I wore these white cargo bermuda shorts from Hollister that tied at the bottom and the ties were a pretty floral print and I had this little pink tank top that had a white lace trim around the straps, that I thought looked really cute with the shorts. 12th grade I was like a lot preppier and wore this flowery mini skirt and a fitted yellow shirt. I remember that skirt being so short!

Now, you might be wondering "what is this spikeynuthead" she keeps referring to? Spikeynuthead was the email address I created for myself when I was punked. It was spikeynuthead@yahoo.com, I'm still registered through AIM with it, but I have no idea what the password is.

About half way through 7th grade, I decided to cut my beautiful shoulder blade-length hair, similar to my sister's hair because I thought she was awesome.


















Yep. Believe it or not, that little round-faced girl is me. The boy next to me was my ex-boyfriend, his name was Ben. He broke up with me after I cut my hair off (lol!) but we stayed good friends throughout middle school.

I started dating this boy named George at the beginning of 8th grade, and we stayed together throughout 8th grade and for a little bit of the beginning of 9th grade. He's the one who turned me into spikeynuthead.




















I wore a lot of Hurley, Dickies, and Volcom and I wanted to learn to skateboard. I also wore a necklace that had one of his guitar pics on it. Oh and I had braces, as if I didn't look bad enough!




















This is what I wore to our 8th grade dance...and I had these black and white Adidas shoes on my feet. Classic. The tie was George's, of course.

Me and my close group of friends had a dinner club (which we referred to as "DC"). Here's a picture from one of our maybe 5 dinners we actually had:














That's me on the far right...it's nice to see me looking a little girly for a change...

Onto the 9th grade. Big kids school. I was a total badass. When it was picture day, I got my picture taken, and for some reason also got a re-take a couple days later. They posted BOTH of my pictures (which were both so terrible), in the year book. So there was this picture:




















"Jessica Green" and then 3 people down, there was this one:




















"Jessica Greene" MY GOD, I WAS SO UGLY! I looked like a damn boy! Why Jessica...why?!?!

Not long after picture day, I broke up with George and started turning my back on spikeynuthead. By the end of the 9th grade, my hair started to grow out, and I was wearing girls clothes again:


















Oh, and I got my braces off! Here I'm wearing my retainer though. (ew!)

10th grade I discovered marching band (and color guard!), and became a band geek...
























But at least my hair was longer and I wasn't wearing my retainer in public!




















11th grade, like I previously stated, I started going preppy. At least this picture isn't embarrassing...except maybe for my crunchy hair (lol).

Thankfully, by my senior year, I had things figured out (a little). Senior picture is the most important, right? The one that's in color...the one that everyone will remember you by (HOPEFULLY!). I'm happy to share with you that I don't regret my senior picture, although it would have been a lot cuter if my part had been to the side instead of straight down the middle:




















I also learned how to smile on command sometime in between my 11th grade picture day, and senior picture day. Thank god.

So now you know my phase. It was awful and no one in my family ever told me I looked good, but I'm glad I got it out of the way when I was younger! Also, now you know why I have a fear of getting my hair cut, lol. I never want to look anything like spikeynuthead ever again!!!

Last, I wanted to share this super old picture of me and V from his 19th birthday party:




















He's turning 26 this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment