Thursday, June 30, 2011

Bye Bye Bed...

Well...my bed is gone. My first big girl bed. I'm kind of sad, but glad at the same time. It was the first actual bed set I got, and it was the one that moved me from a twin size, to a queen. I got it in like 2004 I think. It moved into my first apartment with me...back to my parents house, and then to the double d. The biggest reason we wanted to get rid of it was because it's just TOO big for our bedroom. I thought about maybe just sticking it out, because it's a really nice set, and it would be nice to have when we move again, and get a bigger house, with a bigger master bedroom. BUT, we both know that when we do move and get a bigger bedroom, we want a king size. I just had to keep reminding myself how nice it's going to be to have a set that fits in our room. I was having second thoughts about it last night when I saw V taking it all apart, because it's just so nice. Really nice quality and stuff. But it's gone, so there's no turning back now! Our bedroom is in shambles at the moment...mattress on the floor, clothes in piles...see for yourself!




'Tis sad for me, but I'm sure after we find all new pieces, I'll feel better about it. I decided that I want a platform bed, and I'm going to make my own headboard! I just searched for ideas on apartment therapy and found this one that I REALLY like! It's covered in burlap and I love the idea! However, our walls are really bare, and since there's no furniture, they look even more sad! I need some pictures and decorations to put on the walls. As for night stands, I've decided that I want to get two shelves for each side of the bed, and mount them on the wall at the height of a nightstand would be, and on the bottom shelf we can put a little basket to keep unmentionables in, so they're not exposed! I think it's a great idea, I just hope we can find the shelves. We're going to ikea tomorrow to get an idea of everything, and maybe buy something if we find what we want!

No comments:

Post a Comment