Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Early Day

Well, I finished my second day of babysitting this week. These kids are pretty great. Today we went to the park and they played for almost 2 hours. Then we went to lunch at Chick-Fil-A and they played on the play place there when they finished eating. After lunch we went to Walgreens so they could each buy their mom and dad a Christmas present. Beck got his mom a necklace, which was very sweet, and he wanted to get this snow globe for his dad that had santa in it, but while we were shopping around for Cassie's presents, Beck dropped the snow globe (and it broke all over the toy isle. That's never happened to me before! It startled me, mostly because I wasn't expecting it, and I felt bad for Beck because he thought he was going to be in trouble, so he got pretty upset. But thankfully that only lasted a couple seconds) and we had to pick out a different one. Cassie picked out a bottle of green Scooby Doo mouthwash for her dad, and a big bag of Cracker Jacks, and she got a Hello Kitty bath set for her mom. I was really trying to get her something they might actually like, but it wasn't going to happen. She wanted to buy her mom all the toys that she wanted, but I told her she didn't have enough money to get them, so she FINALLY gave up.

When we got home they both seemed pretty tired, so I helped them wrap up their presents and turned on the tv so they could chill out for a half hour while I did the dishes and picked up downstairs. Before I knew it their mom was home! Earlier than I was expecting, but it's all good. I was going to have them do a surprise present for their parents after their tv show was over, but we'll have to save it for tomorrow. I was thinking of suggesting taking them to the zoo for the day, but I don't know about that. We'll see.


I'm pooped! Those kids wear me out. I'm going to take a shower, get into my pj's (yes, while the sun is still up), and wrap V's dad's Christmas present while I watch Law and Order: SVU.

No comments:

Post a Comment