Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Just For You, Alicia!

I have been kindly reminded that I do not update nearly often enough these days by my beautiful cousin. So I am here and I am back! I'm officially beginning my photo-a-day (of myself!) again TODAY!


Herro!!!

I had school today and I am so overwhelmed! This semester is coming to an end and it seems like all of my professors have saved all of our assignments until now! I'm like flooded with homework/studying/translations! I have to watch a movie (2 DAMN HOURS LONG!) and write a "reflection" paper about it for my Latin American humanities class. For my ASL III class, I have to study for our Unit 14 test on Thursday. Surprisingly I don't have any homework for my Intro to Interpreting class, and I have to translate a PostSecret from written English to ASL for my Terp I class. I'm kind of looking forward to that assignment because the PostSecret I picked is really funny and adorable! This is it:


After I get my translation figured out, maybe I'll make a video of it especially for you, dear blog!

I also have to start working on my third assessment for my Terp I class. We're translating a Shel Silverstein poem, Cloony the Clown. From written English to ASL. Should be interesting. Our first 2 parts of the assignment are due this Sunday. I figure I'll work on that Friday since I have the day off from babysitting. I'm going to have to watch and write that stupid paper tomorrow morning before I have to go babysit though, which is going to suck! After this paper, I'll only have one more left for that class, and then I'll be done! On my first three papers my grades went as follows: 80, 85, 95. I'm very pleased that my grades are improving, and I'm hoping my grade on this paper will be in the 90's. My grade in that class right now is a 87% I believe, and I'd really like to have an A as my final grade! 

This weekend is Easter weekend and we have a dinner planned with my favorite aunt and uncle on Saturday, and then we're going to V's parents house for Easter dinner on Sunday. I'm planning to make some super cute Easter cupcakes to bring for dessert! I'll be sure to document it, and share pictures with you!

The weather is beginning to warm up quite quickly. I'm pretty sure this week it's in the 90's all week! I went for a swim yesterday and the pool was amazing. I've been working on my tan for quite a few weeks now and I'm very pleased with how it's coming along! 

Okay, I've got to get on my translating. I'll be sure to post tomorrow! 

(Not gonna lie, it's been nice blogging! I'm glad I'm back!)

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!!!!! and that post secret is AWESOME!!! i feel like we need to get all the animals together and do the same, cause God knows they need it :)

    ReplyDelete