Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Deaf for a Day

Today I'm doing an assignment for my Deaf culture class where I have to be Deaf for the day. I went to brunch this morning to meet my Deaf friend for the first time, and she's awesome! We had a lovely time, and I'm looking forward to hanging out with her more in the future!

After brunch, I stopped at my mom's house and gave her money for my car insurance. We chatted a little on paper, but I didn't stay long. After that I went to Publix to pick up a prescription for V's ear infection and the girl at the counter was super nice! She knew her alphabet, so she tried to fingerspell everything she wanted to tell me. It worked, and we each got our points across. Since then I've been home.

I think my least favorite part about it is not being able to listen to music. I never realized how often I listen to music; when I'm getting ready in the mornings, in the car, while I do my homework, while I clean the house, when I lay out in the backyard. It also sucks not getting to watch tv, but it gives me an excuse to start reading Mockingjay! 


I read the first chapter last week, the night that I barfed, and hadn't read anymore since. Now that I have no homework that I want to do (I literally have 4 assignments left in my biology class), I'm getting comfy on the couch and I'm going to read until V gets home. I'm not quite sure what we're going to do about watching tv tonight because I know he's gonna want to watch it, and I can't! We'll seeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment