Monday, October 8, 2012

Lovely Weekend!

We had quite the busy weekend, but it was also quite fabulous. On Saturday morning V went golfing and I took myself shopping to find something new to wear for Oktoberfest at my aunt and uncle's house later that evening. I ended up finding some super cute leopard print shorts on clearance at Macy's for just ten bucks!


Totes adorbs, right?! 

Before Oktoberfest, I stopped by Savannah's little sister's birthday party to visit with them for a bit! I only got to stay for like an hour because we had to be at my aunt and uncle's by 5, and her sister's party didn't start until 3. 

We got to my aunt and uncle's right on time and enjoyed spending some time with my family and eating some quite delicious food! After the rain finally stopped, we all played a few games of cornhole before it got too dark. 


I'm not very pleased with how chunky I look in this picture because of those shorts. It makes me not want to wear them anymore! At least they were only ten bucks, so if I actually don't ever wear them again, I didn't waste much money. 

After we left my aunt and uncle's house, I went back to Savannah's sister's party for a couple hours. I made it in time to get my caricature done before the cartoon artist guy left!


I don't really think it looks like me, but whatevs! I've never had one done before, and it was free, so I can't complain!


That's Savannah, me and Sarah. Sarah is Savannah's friend and she's suuuuuper nice! We played a game of pool while Savannah was getting her caricature done and it was quite entertaining. Neither of us are very good, but we had fun!

On to Sunday!

Me and V woke up early and headed to our favorite Sunday morning bfast joint...Dunkin Donuts! Their pumpkin donuts are SO GROOD! After we picked up our donuts, we headed out to Sanford and ended up at Lake Monroe. We found a big swinging bench and sat there for a while, chatting and watching boats on the lake. The weather wasn't too terrible and there was like no one there, so it was nice and quite! When we left there, we headed towards Mount Dora and when we got there we went for a stroll through their downtown and found another lake!


There was this man and lady down at the lake who were giving boat rides. Only an hour away from the time it was while we were there...we thought about going, but decided not to because we didn't want to be out much longer. We had already been on our adventure for like 3 hours and we were getting hungry for lunch. V asked the man where we should go for lunch and he recommended this place called Merrill's Market. I ordered this turkey and cranberry sandwich that was absolutely incredible! There was this fancy cranberry cheese on it and it was unbelievable!



SO GROOD!!!!!!!! When we were at the counter checking out, I spotted some Captain Eli's sodas next to the counter and grabbed a blueberry pop. YUMMMM.


When we finally got home around 1:30 we chilled on the couch for a while and then met up with my sister for dinner! It was nice to spend time with her and her hubbs and it was the perfect way to end a fabulous day with my V!

No comments:

Post a Comment