Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Update From the Weekend!

BLOG! I've missed you! I'm sorry I didn't update all weekend, but it turned out to be quite the busy two days! My sister from another mister was in town from Tampa with her boo and they ended up staying at our house for the weekend. I'm so glad we have the space to offer friends to stay! It was quite enjoyable! Kind of like having roommates again, but these ones were so much better than any of the others I've had.

Friday night after I got home from work, I took a trip to Walmart with V to bring his brother a key to his truck, because he locked his keys in his truck. After we got home, we made dinner and Amby and Rob showed up. The four of us got our Halloween costumes on and went out bowling for a friend's birthday party! We bowled three games and I think I lost every single one. Oh well…I still had fun! After the party, the four of us came back to our house and hung out into the wee hours of the night, enjoying the beautiful weather on the back porch. We didn't end up getting to bed until like 2:30 or something and I was planning on going to yogs at 8am Saturday morning, but that didn't happen. I snoozed for a while and ended up going at 11:45 instead. While I was at yogs, V was at home resting because he had to wake up early to help his parents move their house because they were getting new carpet. After I got home, V had to leave again to put the house back together after the carpet was installed. I took a nice nappie on the couch until he got home, and then we spent the latter part of the afternoon doing things around the house.

Saturday night was spent with my sister and brother-in-law. We went to dinner and out for ice cream, then me and my sister watched Monster House while the boys did boy things. Sunday morning was suuuper lazy for me. I slept in for a bit and then lounged around with Amby and Rob until they left around noon. V was out golfing, and within 20 minutes of him getting home, we left again to go to his grandparents' house for his grandma's 80th birthday party! 


We had lunch, ate cake and spent the rest of the afternoon over there. When we got home, we both crashed for like 20 minutes, and then left again to go to my sister's to carve pumpkins! I decided to carve mine free hand, so this is how it turned out! Ha!



When we finally got home, we spent what little time we had left of the weekend in our pj's, catching up on reality tv. Overall it was a fabulous weekend, I got to spend some quality time with one of my favorite people whom I don't get to see nearly often enough. I just wish I would have gotten more time to relax with V…at home. Oh well…maybe next weekend!

Speaking of next weekend, Carol should be arriving at our house in the early afternoon hours on Saturday! Lacey is going to be so excited! I'm looking forward to seeing her and having her around again. She'll be staying with us until the 17th!

No comments:

Post a Comment