Monday, January 24, 2011

Happy Monday!

I finally got a reply from my professor in my education class, and she said everything is fine, and I won't be dropped from the course! Hooray!!! These 2 online classes I'm taking are so easy! Our math class on campus, on the other hand, is kind of hard. Mostly because we missed class last week, but we're still expected to do the homework. So tonight, before class, we'll be taking advantage of the SPA in the testing center and getting homework help! I think from now on though, I'm going to take the rest of my math classes online. I prefer it.

Aside from school talk, this week I want to try and finish taking down all the wallpaper in the bathroom, and get the walls prepped for painting! I also decided over the weekend that I want to get rid of my bedroom set. My headboard/footboard, 2 night stands, and my dresser. Instead, I want to make a headboard, similar to this:

























But probably with a printed fabric. I want to get an antique looking (and smaller) night table, because we already have one for V's side of the bed, and we're going to get a dresser that is taller, rather than longer. I think all of these changes will give us oodles of more space in our room. It's not very big as it is, so I think just getting rid of all my bulky furniture will make a huge difference! First I have to pay my mom off for it all though, and to do that, I need my tax returns! Then with whatever money I make from selling my set, I'll be limiting myself to spending that much on the new stuff. I'm thinking of making a run to Home Depot soon to look at stuff for the bathroom project, and then stopping at Goodwill on my way home to see if they have any cool furniture!

So now I'm going to go get dressed and head out...maybe I'll be back home before it rains (because it looks like it's going to!).

And me :]

2 comments:

  1. My, you are turning into quite the handy-woman. So many DIY's....I'm very impressed

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am too! I've like got a DIY bug, now that I'm home all the time! You should see the bathroom!

    ReplyDelete