Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Wallpaper Warrior

Day 2 on my battle to get the wallpaper down in the bathroom. Worked on it for 4 hours yesterday, and 5 today. Still have a good amount of work to do with the removal, and after all of it is down, I'm going to have to figure out how to patch holes and make the walls even before I can start painting. Here's pictures!


















The orange spots are paint V put there, because we wanted to see how it looked. Hated it!

So I started just peeling off the printed paper yesterday, I think it's like vinyl or something? IDK! But under it, are literally 3 layers, of what reminds me of construction paper. Then under the paper layers, there's the glue, which comes off easily when it's wet, but it's really sticky! After it re-drys, wherever it might be (ON MY HANDS), it gets hard again, and it's not easy to get off! So here's my progress after about 9 hours, in two days:





Yeah, those are 2 holes under the window. They were covered with like this plaster shit, that was REALLY hard to get off. There used to be a towel rack hanging there, and apparently the lady that lived here before we bought it, didn't want it anymore! So I'm going to try and figure [out on my own] how to fix it. I want to try and do this whole bathroom by myself, aside from taking out the vanity, because I don't have the slightest clue how to, and I don't want to ruin anything plumbing-wise. And I'm afraid to take the mirror off because it's tricky, and I don't want to break it and have bad luck for like ever! I did the part above the window last and it kicked my ass. Standing with one leg on the terlit, and one on the side of the tub and having to look up and keep my arms up to scrape was tiring! I'm not really looking forward to doing the rest because it's all up and I haven't quite figured out how I'm going to get to the stuff in the shower because there's nothing to stand on! We'll seeeeeeee!

I'm so looking forward to yoga tonight, you have no idea! 

And here's my picture for the day. Hah :]


No comments:

Post a Comment