Thursday, January 20, 2011

What An Idiot I Am!

O.M.G. I don't know if I posted about my education class at VCC, but I'll recap: Last Monday school started and I'm enrolled in this "Introduction to the Diversity for Educators" course online and the program we use, WebCT, posts like the link for each online course I'm enrolled in and they all show up on my course manager or whatever it's called. Well, I kept checking all last week, and my education class was never there! So last Wednesday I emailed the professor and was like "WTF" and asked what was going on and I never got a reply! Well, I decided yesterday to call the school and ask them what was going on and while I was on the phone, I realized that my course was on a different online program thingy. You see, the link you have for logging into online course looks like this:
















And the box on the left, WebCT, is where all my courses are. Well my education class is on the other one, that I've never used before, BlackBoard. W.T.F. Why isn't that specified anywhere on my schedule?!?! So I figured that out a damn week and a half late, and missed all the assignments for the first week. There were only 2, both only worth 10 points, but it was like our introduction (which are my favorite!) and a quiz on our syllabus. I emailed the professor and told her that I understand that this was totally my fault and basically that I'm a huge idiot, but I wanted to know if there was any way I could make up the two assignments from last week. :[ I was SO mad at myself yesterday. I never miss assignments! N.E.V.E.R. I'm the one in the course who posts their assignments first, 5 days before they're due, and 3 days before anyone else even realizes they're there. I don't miss assignments!

STRESS!

So I started on the "Week 2" module yesterday, what's cool about this course is that everything is just due by midnight on Friday, so I don't have to worry about missing due dates. I took our first quiz yesterday, on Chapter 1, and got a 10/10, without even reading the chapter. Hah :] Now I have to "read" Chapter 2 and watch this 12 minute YouTube video and write a discussion about it. Easy peasy. I also have to do our algebra homework from last week, and teach myself what we missed in class last night, and do that homework! Good thing I have NOTHING to do today.

Last night we went for a drive as soon as V was done with his school. It's really pretty here. All the mountains and such. It kind of sucked though because he doesn't get off until 5, and he got here at about 5:20, and it starts to get dark at like 6, so we didn't have much daylight, but it was good while it lasted! We drove all the way to North Carolina, which was cool! Here are a few pictures from the drive.











































After our drive, we went to dinner in downtown Greenville. It was really cool! Kind of similar to downtown Orlando, but bigger in a way. The street everything was on, which is like our Orange Avenue, was Main Street, and it was super long! They had white lights strung above the road the whole way, which was beautiful:















We ate at this delicious BBQ joint















We got an appetizer of fried green tomatoes and they were SO YUMMO! Then I got a BBQ chicken sandwich with sauteed onions, mushrooms, monterey and jack cheese, with a side of mac n' cheese, and V got some coleslaw that I had too and it was soooo grood! The mac was delicious, suuuuper cheesy but really homemade. MMMMM!















V got this huge plate of meat. I didn't take a picture of it, unfortunately, but it was like half a damn chicken, brisket, and like a half rack of ribs. A LOT OF MEAT. He got mac n' cheese too, and spinach casserole that I tried, and it was really grood! I would highly recommend this place if you're in Greenville and looking for some good BBQ.

Tonight we're going to eat our leftovers for dinner and chill in the hotel. We'll probably do some math homework and then hit the hay. We're both pretty ready to go home, so I'm pretty sure we'll be leaving like early Saturday morning so we'll be home mid afternoon.

Here's my picture for today. From last night but whatevs

No comments:

Post a Comment