Thursday, March 24, 2011

Poetry

My new module for my comp II class is on poetry. I hate poetry. It's confusing and it makes me angry! This might have something to do with the fact that my 10th grade english teacher totally humiliated me in front of my entire class when I was reading a poem. The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost. She waited until I was finished reading the poem and then told me that I read it completely wrong and that I needed to go home and practice it to read again the next day. Ever since then I've been totally against poems, aside from Dr. Seuss. Now we have to read 2 poems and pick one to write a paragraph about what we thing the main idea is. Neither of the poems make any sense to me...I'm reading our PowerPoint lecture about poems and it's saying "before you read the poem, consider the title" because it's the "almost always informative". Well one of the poems' title isn't even in English! I was going to pick that one until I read it (immediately liked it because it was the shorter of the 2), but after reading it, it makes even less sense to me than the other one did! I want to finish this today because it's due Monday night and I don't want to have to worry about it tomorrow or on the weekend, but shit. It's so confusing!!!!


On a happier note: I bought some new floats for the pool this morning! A really nice looking one for me to lay out on, it was called the "suntanner"...perfect. One for V that he wanted. It was the same one he had last summer and he really liked it so he asked me to see if they had anything similar and they had the exact same one! And one other one that's like a recliner...it looks awesome and it's huge! Then I remembered that my sister bought us a blow-up jousting set AND an inflatable pool cooler for Christmas, woo! This summer is going to be bomb!

No comments:

Post a Comment