Saturday, March 5, 2011

Saturday Morning

I was just walking back from the kitchen with my delicious cool blue Gatorade:
(my favorite thing to drink after yoga)...I was thinking it was like close to 12:30 or so, and then I looked at the clock and it read 10:28. Oh wow! Waking up early is so intense. 

I went to yoga this morning at 8 with my good friend Amby. Her first time there and I was so glad she came! She did really well for it being her first time. Hopefully it won't be her last, lol

Rewind to last night. Remember how I mentioned us going to dinner at The Ravenous Pig? Well my dear reader, it was AMAZING. (bold, underlined and italicized; it was that good.) Probably the best overall meal I've had within the last 2 years? First we ordered drinks and appetizers. I got an apple-tini and V got a drink our waiter recommended;  The Ravenous Pig Old Fashioned: Bacon Infused Buffalo Trace Bourbon, Vanilla Maple Syrup, Bitters. His drink came with a half piece of bacon in it. I so wish I would have taken a picture. Apparently it was grood because he ordered another. Our friends we went with ordered Offal Frito Misto (crispy sweetbreads, chicken livers, duck hearts, blood orange, witte beer honey mustard) and the Suckling Pig and Bay Scallops (lantern bay scallops and braised suckling pig, king farms romanesco, apple salad), and I ordered their house made soft pretzels. I could not bring myself to try any of the frito misto, even though it was all fried and like everything tastes good when it's fried, I just couldn't do it. I did however, try the suckling pig and bay scallops. A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. Honestly. I was a little wary at first, but I was so glad I tried it. We ended up ordering another one of those after the first one was done; it was that good. After we pigged out (pun intended) on our appetizers; it was time to order our meals. At first V was going to get their American Red Snapper, but while we were eating our appetizers, we saw this giant piece of meat go by our table at least twice, and he changed his mind to that. It was their Vande Rose Farms Pork Porterhouse. I got the lobster tacos because they sounded yummy and they were an appetizer so I knew it wouldn't be a lot of food. We were told when we ordered that V's pork would take about 30 minutes, which was fine; we were in no rush whatsoever. It was also kind of nice that it took so long because it gave me time to settle all the appetizers. When our food came out I was blown away. My lobster tacos were delicious and V's pork. OMG. I decided if (or rather when) we go back, that's what I'm getting. The thing was HUGE. It was perfection. Everything about it was amazing and I don't usually like pork like that. His also came with a side of hammock hollow beans and greens, bacon broth, balsamic caramel which were absolutely delish. Our friends got some kind of duck and goat pasta dishes, I tried some of the goat and I'm not going to lie, it was good. I really wish I would have thought to take pictures of all our delicious meals, but I didn't...until dessert arrived. I ordered their cake & ice cream, and V got the bread pudding.
3 mini carrot cake cupcakes with a ginger milkshake. The milkshake was a little too milk-ish for me (i HATE milk) so I couldn't bare to drink more than 2 sips, but the cupcakes were yummmmmo! 

If you're ever in Winter Park and you're looking for somewhere nice to eat for dinner, I would HIGHLY recommend this place. 

After we finished dinner, we went down to Park Avenue to The Wine Room. I'd never been before. I don't particularly like wine, but I figured I'd go to hang out. You walk in and get this card that you can put whatever amount of money you want on and then you just walk around the whole place and there are little like stations of different types of wines. You stick your card in this slot and choose which wine you want, and how much. Most of the wines were about $3-4 for an ounce. I got 1 ounce of this Riesling, and ad 2 sips of these other kinds that V got, but that was it. I'm not much of a drinker. It was a really cool place though!

Spring break starts this week and I'm going to be so bored! Our US Government class started this past Thursday and we have 3 chapters to read/take quizzes on before the 18th, so I have a feeling I'll be working on those if I get too bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment