Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Happy Birthday Carmella!

Today I experienced child birth for the first time in my life.

I woke up at 4:30am to go to the hospital to be with my friend during her delivery. She went to the hospital at midnight last night to be induced and told me the doctor was coming in at 6am to break her water, so I wanted to make sure I was there before, just in case things went fast! I got there around 5:25am and headed up to her room. She looked great, of course, even though she hadn't slept much at all. She got her epidural not too long after I got there, but the doctor didn't show up until about 7am to break her water. After he did that, we (me, her best friend, and her cousin) all rested for a while. Around 9am we were all up and just hanging out in her room, talking and watching tv. Her contractions started to get a little more intense, and last for minutes at a time. The nurse told her she would be back around 10:30am for another check, and when she came back, she was fully dilated, and ready to go! We waited for the doctor to come back and at exactly 11:10am little baby Carmella was born! It was the most intense thing I've ever experienced, and I've come down with baby fever since leaving the hospital. She was 7 pounds and 2 ounces; 20 inches long, and absolutely precious. I can't wait to see her again and I'm really looking forward to not having any school next week because I now I can spend a lot of time with her!

























BABY FEVER!!!!!!

1 comment: