Wednesday, July 13, 2011

!school!

I just took my last test (before the final) in biology and got a 105%! I should have gotten a 110% because one of the extra credit questions I TOTES got right. It was a fill in the blank and I answered "femoral vein" and the answer she had was "femoral", so I emailed her asking her if I could get credit for it. I'm sure she'll say yes, she's super nice! I'm doing SO well in that class! I have a 96%! I think in my math class I have an 84% and in humanities I currently have a 65%. WTF! I was doing SO well in that class before I missed those two assignments. Remember how I thought the grades were already rounded in and that I still had an A? Well...I was mistaken. The following week they were rounded in, and it brought my grade from like a 92% down to a 65%. Every homework I've done since then I've gotten a 100% on, but since our homework doesn't count for much at all, it hasn't effected my grade in the least. 60% of our final grade is our exams, and currently, my cumulative exam grade is a 57%. I emailed my prof, asking her if I could make up the exam grade, or have some extra credit and this was her reply:




Hi Jessica,
As you know, late tests are not given. You have a lot of time to take them, but they can not be late. I suggest you print the course schedule and keep it where you can see it, so you don't miss any more deadlines.
Sorry, but there is also no extra credit. I have found that extra credit only adds to the work load and is unproductive both is time management and accountability to the course. I'm sure you have learned a hard lesson. 
A. Harris



HOW RUDE! It's not like this is some fancy school and I'm getting my Ph.D or something! I'm at a community college getting my AA. I thought the course was a Gordon Rule class (meaning you have to pass with a C or higher to get credit), but it's not. Thankfully, because I'm not sure I'll get above a D. Which TOTALLY SUCKS because it's going to bring down my GPA, but whatevs I guess. I still have time to bring it back up before I'm done at VCC.


This semester is coming to a quick end. I just finished the LAST chapter in my humanities book, and took my last test, and did my last discussions in biology. However, humanities is far from over. We have to go to a museum on Friday for this museum project we have, and then we have this stupid literature packet we have to complete. 9 plays to read, and answer stupid questions about. I've done like one and a half. It's due on the 29th, so I'll probably finish it on the 28th? Lets get real! I'll be SO glad when that class is over! But next semester I'm taking 20th century humanities! BARF! Hopefully my prof will be a little nicer than Alberta! 

No comments:

Post a Comment