Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Ca$h for Books?!

This morning I decided to go through my collection of old books and bring them to school for their "Cash for Books" program.


I had quite a few...as you can see. And they were not easy to carry! I knew the parking lot was going to be a mad house, because it's later in the morning, and school just started. I ended up snagging a "Bookstore Employee Only" parking space, and made my way to the bookstore with my 10 books packed into my Vera Bradley "Weekender" bag. I unloaded my books onto this guy's desk, and he went through the stack, giving me back almost every book I handed him, telling me that "They're too old". Which means there are newer editions that have come out, so my books are supposedly "worthless" (we'll see about that!). Anyways, he ended up taking 2 of the 10 books; one from V's speech class, and the other from our humanities class last semester. He paid me $80 which was much more than I was expecting for just two books. I'm not sure how much we paid for them, I can't remember, and I don't think I want to, because I'm sure they were more than $40 each. Oh well. Better than nothing!


I'm really lovin' these sunglasses lately!

Now I'm going to see if there are any other places close by that will buy back textbooks. I have all my homework finished for the week in my online classes. ASL again tomorrow morning, and my first math class on Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment