Monday, October 3, 2011

Pooped Already

Holy crap.

Today began my nannying job with a 3 year old named Rose. I pick her up from her school Monday-Wednesday-Fridays and stay with her until her mom gets home from work, about 4 hours later. As soon as we get home from school, she goes down for a nap. And she knows this. Today when we got home, however, she decided she didn't want to nap. I told her she had no choice, because those are the rules, and made my way upstairs to let her dog out. She threw a huge fit because she wanted to let Neil out of his room. I came downstairs and picked her up off the floor, and carried her up to her room. She was kicking, screaming and crying. I set her down in her bedroom, told her it was time to nap, and left. She continued kicking, screaming, and crying for the next 10-15 minutes, until she finally calmed herself down, went to the bathroom, and made her way to bed. I went up there to offer a tuck-in, and she happily accepted. I explained to her, as I was taking out her braid, that I was there to have fun with her, not to make her unhappy, because when she is unhappy, so am I, and I want both of us to be happy and have a good time together. Then I tucked her into bed, and went downstairs. Soon after, she fell asleep.

I'm really hoping that she'll begin to get more comfortable with me and get into a routine, so this kind of episode doesn't happen everyday. Because after that, I'm freaking drained already, and I still have a couple hours to go. Once she wakes up, I want to spend as much time outside as possible, and enjoy this beautiful weather.


*sigh*

EDIT: Rose has yet to wake up. I'm leaving in like 30 minutes. SCORE. This worked out a lot better than I was expecting!

No comments:

Post a Comment