Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Cyrano


Well...our family dog, Cyrano, a lab/weimeraner mix, was put down today. He lived a happy 16 years with our family and I will never, ever forget him. He went through so much with me. I'll never forget how many times my dumb high school boyfriends made me cry, he was the one I would cuddle with in my room while I moped. When we lived in our old house, my parents got up a trampoline for Christmas one year, and it was the highlight of the afternoon when he got on it with us and jumped around. Then for a while he would attack us from underneath while we jumped. When he was a puppy, he terrorized my sister's apartment, ate her shoes, her gum, her toothpaste...her blinds. He also freaked out when he saw himself in the mirror and it was hilarious. He saw all of us go through so many different phases in our lives and met so many people.




I am so so so thankful and happy that he was a part of our family. He is the reason why I fell in love with dogs. He taught me so much about pets, and he is the reason why I got my own dogs. He learned to tolerate Luna when I moved back home with her and I will always appreciate him letting her in his heart, because I know he loved her.



Rest in peace, Bub. Have fun playing with Lyka and Owen up there. Enjoy running, chasing squirrels, lizards and cats. You were the best dog I could have ever asked for.



2 comments: