Thursday, July 5, 2012

Federal Pell Grant

I was just looking through school stuff on my Atlas account and wanted to see what my total amount for classes will be for next semester... $1,094 and some change. Then I looked at my financial aid award information and saw that I have a Federal Pell Grant of $2,775 for this coming fall semester, and another $2,775 for next spring. That means I DON'T HAVE TO TAKE OUT ANY STUDENT LOANS!!!!! As long as I'm smart with what I have left over from the grant money, I'll be able to save up for my LAST semester next summer!!!!!! And who knows, maybe I'll get another grant or scholarship for next summer like I did for this summer! That would be fabulous!

I only have 6 classes left for my interpreting degree, but I can't take more than 2 of them at the same time (which is why I'll be there for another 3 semesters). So this fall I'm taking ASL IV, and Interpreting II. There's also a fingerspelling class that's offered for 2 credits that I'm adding to my light load. It's only one day a week and it's short. I'm hoping it'll just be a fun, easy class, that will improve my fingerspelling skills. I'm also taking a KARATE CLASS one day a week, which I think is going to be really fun!

Then next spring I'll take Interpreting III and Structure (which is supposed to be a really hard class, so I'm not sure if I'll be adding any extra classes...unless I end up really liking karate, maybe I'll take Karate II. We'll see!) Then my last semester I'll take Interpreting IV and Transliterating (which is also supposedly a really hard class). Since it's my very last semester, I'll probably just stick with those two. There are only two karate classes offered, so even if I was still in love with it, I'd have to look into doing it somewhere outside of school.

I'm just excited to know that at this time next year I'll be finishing up my very last semester, and preparing to graduate!!!!!! (And possibly getting ready to move to SC?! WHO KNOOOOWS!!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment