Wednesday, December 5, 2012

UpdateTime from SC

Oops...I haven't blogged since Sunday! So let me go back to Monday morning so I don't miss anything...

Monday morning we woke up and went to the hospital to visit my grandpa. We hung out at the hospital into the mid afternoon, went home to get some things done for the trip, and then went back late Monday evening. He's still in there, not doing too well, but also not too bad. He has a blood clot and some swelling in his brain, so he's gotten tests upon tests and we're still waiting to find out what exactly is going to be done to get him back to normal. He's currently sedated, with a ventilator doing most of his breathing for him...I'm just trying to stay positive.

Tuesday morning we woke up early and hit the road just before 7:30. We took our time getting to South Carolina, stopping quite a few times along the way, but we got here around 3:45 and instead of checking in to our hotel, we drove into the mountains for another two hours...as if we hadn't driven far enough already, but I absolutely freaking LOVE the mountains. We found this amazing street with mountain views and huge lots with beautiful houses spread far apart...exactly where I want to live one day. It will happen, I tell you...it will!!!

Anyways, after we marveled through the mountains, we came back to the hotel to check in, get our stuff inside, and then headed back out to dinner at a mexican restaurant nearby. We got some fresh made guacamole which was pretty good, but I have to say that my guac is better! I got some spinach and mushroom quesadillas as my main course and they were quite delicious. But because I ate so.many.chips and salsa and guac before, I only had room for like a quarter of my quesadillas, so now I have my leftovers for lunch today. After dinner, we went over to Walmart to pick up a few things and then came back to the hotel, passing out soon after.

Today V is at school and I'm planning out our night and my day tomorrow. There's a hot yoga studio nearby that I'm thinking about going to tomorrow, but if I do, I have to stay out all day because I don't have a car here! V would have to drop me off in the morning and then pick me up on his way home from class at 5, so I would literally be there all day. It's in a huge shopping plaza, so I'm sure I could entertain myself, but I don't know if I would feel safe out by myself. I'm going to talk to V tonight about it and see what he thinks. I would really love to go to yogs here though! This studio seems really nice, it's hot, they have reasonable prices, mats and towels to rent (good thing, because I didn't bring anything besides my yoga pants!). We'll see!

Believe it or not, I didn't take a single picture yesterday. I've got to remember to take one of me and V while we're out tonight or tomorrow night because I was hoping to get one up here for our Christmas cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment