Friday, December 7, 2012

Yet Another Case of Mountain Fever

I cannot wait until the day that we live here. I love this place. There are so many rural areas that are near mountains and have amazing views, but are still only like 15-20 minutes away from the city. I really want to look into moving up here when I finish at UCF. I would love love love love if it could happen. V could just transfer to MINI up here and I'm sure I could find a school to teach at. And I'm sure not long after we got here, V's parents would follow. His dad has always wanted to live up here, but his mom seems reluctant (and I think it's because her boys and her parents are here).

Surprisingly enough, I haven't taken many pictures since we've been here. None of the mountains. A few of myself with V, and a few in downtown Greer and Greenville. Honestly, we haven't really seen a ton of mountains, and when we have, it's too dark to photograph with my camera. We only went for one ride through the mountains and it was on the first day. Since then, it's just been too dark with the time change. By the time V gets back to the hotel and we leave, it's already dark. Way too dark. Lame, I know...I'm sorry!

Here are a few of the pictures I have taken though :)


The night before last we went to Shank's because V wanted to buy a t-shirt and hit some balls. It was the coolest driving range I've ever been to! The owner also lives there along with his three dogs who were totally adorable! One of them stayed inside so I didn't get a picture of her, but the other two were outside with us the whole time we were there.



I really wish it had been lighter outside so you could actually see all the hills. It was so awesome!


This little girl was sooooo sweet. Her name is Reese. When we first got there and were walking up to the door, she came over to me and laid down on her back so I could rub her belly. 


This handsome fellow is named Mulligan and he was SO HYPER. I swear he had springs in his feet because he jumped SO HIGH. I was surprised that he laid down for me to take his picture!



After we left there we went to The Mason Jar for dinner in downtown Greer and it was delicious! When we finished dinner, we walked up the street a bit just to check out the downtown area, but it was cold and sprinkling, so we didn't walk far. When we got back to the car and drove down a little bit, the rain stopped and we parked at city hall and went for a walk.





I love that there are Christmas lights up everywhere!


There was a nice big Christmas tree at the end of the walkway and I was hoping to get a picture of me and V for our Christmas card while we were here, but considering this was the best shot, I think I'm going to have to stick with a picture in front of the tree at our house. Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment