Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year, Day Two. Proposal Story!

Okay, so I have to be honest and tell you I just added a post that was from Monday. I wrote it out at work and meant to post it when I got home, but I forgot! I wanted to make sure it was posted because of the list I made. Lol. #1 was to get engaged in 2013! Little did I know, it would be happening later that same night!

I made plans earlier in the day with my sister to bring Ellie and Lacey along with us to their house to celebrate the New Year. So when I got home from work, we had a while to relax, so we both took a nap on the couch and then started getting ready. V almost convinced me not to bring the dogs, but Lacey needed to see Millie (my sister's dog). She needed to play! And I didn't want to leave Ellie home all alone on NYE, so she had to come too! Well, on the way to their house Lacey was acting crazy which is not normal for her in the car. I was a little worried that she like had to poop or something, but I didn't say anything to V because he already didn't want them coming, so I didn't want to make it worse, lol. But then we got to the area he lived in when we first started dating. We used to go for bike rides all the time through the neighborhood and around this pretty lake with a small park that we brought Ellie to a few times. He stopped at the park just as the sun was almost completely set. All I was thinking about was making sure Lacey got to poop/pee/whatever she had to do to stop whining like a crazy lady. V had Lacey's leash and I had Ellie's leash and we walked down towards the lake and V stopped and said "Jessica Greene..." and then did a little speech about how much he loves me and how special NYE is to us (I'm not sure if I've ever shared the story, but in case I haven't, here's a condensed version: NYE 2008...I'm still "dating" my ex, but we're not celebrating New Years together because he wanted to go to some party at his friend's house and I wanted to go to my sister's house, so we went separate ways for the night. Well V was at my sister's house for the night and we were hanging out like normal, but then after we rang in 2009 with fireworks in the driveway, I went inside to get a drink. V came in shortly after and we met in the kitchen. We shared the biggest, most intense and amazing eye-lock I've ever experienced in my life and came this close to kissing, but then our friend walked into the kitchen and ruined it all (which I'm kind of thankful for, just because I was technically still with my ex, so it would have been cheating, and that's not cool). After that night, it was clear to me that we belonged together. After all of the years of being "just friends", something clicked, chemistry was in session, and it couldn't be ignored!) So ever since then, we've always joked about kissing in the kitchen on NYE, lol. Anyways...then he got down on his knee, pulled the ring out of his pocket with shaking hands and asked me to marry him, with a shaky voice. I, of course, said yes!


I honestly could not be happier! 2013 is going to be so amazing! I think the wedding will be happening later this year. Something small...somewhere special.

I'm very excited and honestly I'm kind of still in a haze from the whole thing. NYE seems like a blur. I had so many emotions running through my mind all night long, I don't remember many details of the night after the proposal. Proposal. Engaged. Fiancé. Future husband. Mrs. Turner.

Its all a bit surreal still. This is going to be a big year. I'm starting at UCF, working towards my bachelors degree and could quite possibly have a different last name at this time next year. Holy crappppp! Time goes by so fast. I'm really growing up...it's happening whether I like it or not (but right now, I like it!). I'm engaged! Engaged. I can't get over it! I keep saying it to myself and staring at this beautiful ring on my left hand.

3 comments:

  1. It's nice to be able to read the whole store! I mean I know I knew some of the deets but this is kind of how I pictured it with there being holes in the story! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. the top of this blog is now incorrect...a girl and her boyfriend?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baahhh! I gotta change it! AHH!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete