Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Spring Break = House Painting!

Half way through my spring break and our house is looking SO much better! Two Fridays ago V had the day off and we spent the morning painting our living room/dining room/Florida room. It all looked sooo nice, but I noticed the baseboards were all sad looking so this past Sunday, I spent my entire afternoon painting all of the baseboards and door trims in the front half of the house, AND the front door! It's really amazing what some white paint will do to an old house. The baseboards look so much cleaner and having the front door (and I got carried away and did the hallway door too, just to see how much of a difference it would make) white makes the front half of our house look so much more modern! So when my spring break started on Monday, I repainted the kitchen to match the rest of the front of the house:


I have to say - I'm very pleased with how much cleaner it looks. I just wasn't feeling that blue anymore! Then yesterday I started painting our little bedroom where the computer is (the saaaame color as everything else we've painted). I ran out of paint about half way through and quit for the day because it was near the time I needed to start getting ready for work.

This morning I went to my mani/pedi and on my way home I stopped at Home Depot to pick up another gallon of the gray paint. I finished what was left of the little bedroom in about 40 minutes and I'm so happy with how much better the room looks. I have to go over the trim again because it got a little streaky, but I'll do that tomorrow and repaint the trim baseboards in here too. Then Friday V (hopefully) has the day off too, so I want to spend it painting all of the bedroom doors, and the hallway gray to match the rest of the house!

Hooray for spring break productiveness! 

No comments:

Post a Comment