Wednesday, May 11, 2011

He's My Inspiration!



As if I didn't already love this song enough! I can't wait til the day I can do this!



















Class was wonderful this morning, of course. She just lectured the whole time, but it was all really interesting! I learned the about the culture history of ASL. I also learned that (if you hadn't noticed from the video), ASL is not literally translated from English. Like, there is no different sign for he or she, it's implied by the context of the sign. Interesting, right? So like the sentence "the cat climbed up the tree" would not be signed in that order. She told us you basically get your setting in place, and then describe the things that happen. So you'd sign "tree" and "cat" and then show what the cat does. It's all really interesting to me and I can't wait til we start getting into learning signs! If I don't look super stupid, I'll post a video sometime! :]

I am quickly falling in love with this language <3

No comments:

Post a Comment