Friday, July 29, 2011

My Celeb Crush


Have I ever told you how much I heart Rob.Patts? Because I do. Want to know how it started?

My bff Amby was like obsessed with the books and the movie when it first came out. It was right around the time me and V started dating, and she kept telling me that I had to watch Twilight, because V and I reminded her of Edward and Bella. I finally gave in, and me, V, and his roommate watched it at his old duplex. I thought it was so.dumb. Which is exactly what I told Amby. Then a couple weeks later my sister came into town and was reading Twilight while we were at the beach! I made fun of her when I saw it, and she told me that I should read it. So when she left to go back home, she left the book for me. I got a really bad sunburn at the beach and while I was taking a vinegar bath to try and take the burn out of my skin, I decided to start reading it. [Mind you...I'm not a reader. The last book I read was Perks of Being a Wallflower when I was in like 9th grade.] I spent the remainder of the day reading it. I was seriously sucked in after like the first paragraph. And I liked it even more because I had already seen the movie, so I had faces to go with each character, and I was like picturing scenes while I read. I was hooked. Every day that I drove to V's house, I brought the book with me and read at red lights. Twilight, then New Moon, which took me a little longer to read because Edward wasn't in it as much, Eclipse, and then Breaking Dawn. By the time I finished the books, I was obsessed too. (Thx, butthair!) I have a "stupid lamb" sticker on my car. I saw Remember Me when it came out...mostly because he was in it, and it ended up being a really good movie. Then I saw Water for Elephants...only because he was in it. I was expecting it to be really stupid. "A movie about a circus?" I thought...but it ended up being SO grood!

I own Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse on DVD and I cannot even tell you how many times I've watched Twilight. It's the only movie I've ever watched at home, more than a handful of times. It's definitely my favorite...so far. Out of the books, in order from favorite to least favorite: Twilight, Breaking Dawn, Eclipse, New Moon.

2 comments:

  1. You are welcome :) See! Books CAN be fun. I will be sure to invite you along in my reading journeys if I find any with comparable main characters. <3 P.s. You also love him because he sings and plays the piano.

    ReplyDelete